The URC has congregations all over the United Kingdom and is part of the World Alliance of Reformed Churches.
Our local church began in 1843 when Headgate Congregational Church was founded in the town centre. In 1972 we became part of the United Reformed Church.
In 1978 we got together with the Anglican Church of St. Mary-at–the-Walls, who were also in the town centre, and built Christ Church at Ireton Road, which we share with our Anglican friends, who meet for worship before our services every Sunday.
Our Church has a number of rooms and facilities which are available for hire to our local community and outside organisations. For details please contact our Secretary.
URC Christ Church, Ireton Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3AT